It goes without saying that we love luffa, since they have inspired us to create this project.
For us they represent 100% the philosophy zero waste or zero residue, since it is a product that comes from nature and returns to the same place, the earth, closing its life cycle in the best possible way.
- Before using it, moisten it with water.
- When you're done, rinse it and let it air dry.
- Put it in a dry place where it is not in contact with traces of water, the wooden trowel we have in the store is perfect for this.
- Sporadically you can boil it for about 15 seconds to eliminate possible bacteria. This step is not mandatory, just in case you think it is appropriate.
- If it changes color or produces a smell, put it in the compost and replace it with a new one.
Why is it better than a traditional scourer?
Most scourers are made of synthetic fibers derived from petroleum. When using them, micro plastics are continuously released in the water of our pipes, which will eventually end up in the rivers and the sea.
This not only has serious consequences for thousands of animals and different marine species that ingest these microparticles without being aware, but also directly affects our health. Although these particles are imperceptible to the eye, we end up breathing and ingesting them as they are dispersed both in the air and in the water.
In addition, the luffa scourer is not manufactured, it is grown on the ground naturally, however, synthetic sponges are produced industrially by machines that consume a large amount of non-renewable energy in most cases.
What is a Luffa scourer
This luffa scourer is composed of different layers of 100% natural and compostable fiber.
It is perfect for cleaning dishes and home, replacing traditional synthetic scourers. It does not damage the pans or pots, or scratch any type of material such as glass, ceramics, etc.
Upon contact with water, its size increases slightly and softens.
Luffa's vegetable scourer is the sustainable and zero waste alternative to the scourers we normally find in any store or supermarket, which are made of synthetic fibers derived from petroleum.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
ALL NATURAL PURE OLIVE OIL SOAP LOOFA SOAP ARTISINAL MOISTURIZING 4 oz BAR CASE 12 BARS